Saturday, January 10, 2015

The Mystery of the Missing Lion: A Precious Ramotswe Mystery for Young Readers





 Travis Ann Sherman says: A big yes to the next in this charming mystery series set in McCall Smith's Botswana. As a fantasy lover, I usually steer clear of anything that smacks of the real world, but this was a lovely outing.  Perfect for the young mystery lovers among us; perfect for the young world citizens among us; and, perfect for reluctant readers too, because though they lexile in the 700s, these are real page turners.  Oh, and did I mention the illustrations by Iain McIntosh made me stop and stare in pleasure at the pages? It's been a long time since that happened.  This is a series I'll be happy to push at my library.
http://openwalls.com/image/22981/panda_bear__7_2560x1920.jpgJeannette Atwater says: First off, as charming as Precious Ramotswe (who in the future will become Botswana's best private detective) is, I was not enraptured with the mystery of the lion Teddy gone missing as I would have liked. The mystery seemed to me to be more of an adventure through the Botswana landscape. However, the setting, characters and easy vocabulary make this a great suggestion for young readers who enjoy stories about the flora and fauna of the world. The illustrations are captivating, the depictions of lions throughout really make for a fun book!


No comments:

Post a Comment